Wednesday, June 23, 2010

review and journal news / Wilkes MFA

Once I wrap up my Intro CW class this evening, I’m headed out for a few days again to attend another jam-packed MFA residency. This week I am presenting at Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre PA. I’ll be presenting on the topics of developing a writing career and literary lifestyle, talking about working with editors and publishers, and sharing some general all-round tips for getting yourself out there and in the community-at-large. I’m also pleased to participate as a panel member, where I’ll get to hear student thesis pitches! I’m really excited about this. There’s nothing more thrilling than a ‘new project smell’ and I know the students will be eager to talk up their various works-in-progress. I’ll be sure to share some details and pics from my Wilkes visit upon my return.

In other news, I was very excited to see my contributor copies of Two Review arrive in the mail this week. The 2010 issue is now available and more details are online here. It’s a great issue with contributors such as Jim Daniels, Nicelle Davis, Janann Dawkins, Rebecca Foust, Diane Lefer, and many more talented voices. I'm pleased to have a poem, "Signs of Recovery," included in the mix. Do pick up a copy and see what editors Jeremy Edward Shiok and Brendan Noonan have put together.

Speaking of new issues… If you haven’t already, please do visit http://www.ambassadorpoetry.com/ to see the Summer 2010 Issue. In addition to a number of regionally based authors, there are some guest contributors from states far and wide who have all come together to share poems about the MI and ON region. Submissions are accepted year-round, too, so if you have something that might fit, be sure to check out the Submission Guidelines.

Finally, I’d like to thank Bernie at BerniE-Zine for the lovely review of stains: early poems. Here’s a link to the full review.

Happy reading, writing, and summering! Until next time…

No comments :

Post a Comment