Friday, July 9, 2010

I’m an angel, or at least trained on it

Yesterday, I spent the majority of my day learning the ins and outs of ANGEL. My only disappointment was that there was no support line to reach Charlie. However, I very much enjoyed learning more about Blackboard’s ANGEL LMS (Learning Management System) used by Macomb Community College, where I teach various creative writing courses. This new know-how will enable me to offer a few online classes in the coming year. Since I was already experienced with other Blackboard systems and various distance learning delivery systems, there was very little learning curve. ANGEL is definitely user-friendly!

I post on the topic today as I am curious what online writing classes you might be interested in seeing taught by moi. I asked my on-campus students the same question this week as my coordinator and department are preparing for the 2011 catalogue of offerings. The nice thing about online courses is that you don’t have to live in the area in which the classes are offered. You can live anywhere and so long as you have access to the ‘net, you’re good to go. Pretty cool.

So, what (non-credit) online writing courses might interest you? Here is a small sampling of what we’re looking into as possibilities, but I’d certainly appreciate any suggestions.

Intro Creative Writing
Creative Nonfiction
The Short Story
Novel Length Fiction
Freelance Writing
Travel Writing
WIP Workshop Intensive
Writing Queries & Synopses
Starting an Online Literary Journal


Feel free to make suggestions of what might interest you! My email is lori@loriamay.com.

No comments :

Post a Comment